Looking to find your dream boat? DDZ Marine Ltd will source a wide range of boats worldwide, providing our customers with a large selection to choose from. We also have over a dozen new and used powerboats, ribs and yachts for sale on display at our boat sales base in Largs Marina. If you can’t find what you want from our list then you can contact us and we will be happy to help. If you want to sell your boat then you can come to us for a free valuation. We offer very competitive rates and top class service. We handle all viewings, surveys, maintenance, cleaning and delivery, creating a hassle free sale.
Tips on choosing a boat:
Buying a boat is very different to any other type of purchase you may make – here are some things to think about – or ask us about if you are interested in buying for the first time:
- How do you plan to use your boat? Will it be suitable for your family and your budget?
- Remember when setting your budget to remember that there will be additional maintenance, insurance, registration, berthing and running costs. If you need help with quotes for these talk to us.
- By using a reputable boat builder or brokerage you are getting peace of mind.
- Check what’s included in the price, and if there’s a warranty.
- Ensure that clear title to the boat is guaranteed and that there is no outstanding finance agreement.
- Create your own checklist – these could include paintwork, signs of rust or corrosion, operation of engine and equipment, upholstery, and equipment inventory
- As the new owner it’s your responsibility to have all the necessary safety equipment including navigation lights and insurance!
Remember when buying a second-hand boat it can have its pitfalls. These points can help you not to make a mistake:
- Check that the person selling the boat actually owns it, and there are no outstanding loans on the boat
- If a used boat, make your offer subject to a sea trial and the findings of any survey.
- Make sure that the seller is knowledgeable about the boat and has a legitimate reason for the sale.
- If a deal looks too good to be true it probably is.
- Check for any repairs – most repairs will be guaranteed for 12 months so find out the date of the repair and the repairers details.
Boat shows can be a perfect place to shop for a boat. DDZ attend all the major UK boats shows. Buying from DDZ Marine ensures that you will get the most suitable boat for your needs.
Reasons to Buy New
- You can buy exactly what you want and you’ll be getting the latest technology.
- You’ll receive a manufacturer’s warranty. That warranty is served by the selling dealer, which is a good reason to buy nearby.
- You can rig it the way you want with the spec that you want.
- You don’t have to ask why is this used boat for sale?
Reasons to Buy Pre-Owned
- Cost – with a used boat, you get more boat for lower cost.
- Any initial problems should have surfaced and been dealt with.
- You can find out from the web if a manufacturer brought out a bad boat or poor features and fittings.
- Remember, if you want to trade in your boat, trading in your boat at a dealer can be the simplest solution. The dealer already has customers actively looking for boats. If the boat needs some repairs and sprucing up you won’t have to do it.