Buying a boat doesn’t need to be as painful as you might think! Naturally, prices for new boats vary depending on size and make. If you’re in the market for a boat, DDZ Marine can offer a great package. As well as useful advice, we will help you find financing tailored to your budget.
Purchasing a boat from DDZ marine offers a number of advantages, including
- access to multiple finance sources and/or special manufacturer and dealer finance programs
- year-round service departments
- extended warranty programs
- manufacturer and dealer incentive programs
- Lower down payments
- Faster credit decisions
- Longer financing terms
- Lower monthly payments
We can offer SGB FINANCE – THE FINANCIAL PARTNER OF THE BENETEAU GROUP FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS.
When it comes to insuring your boat, it’s often best to separate your boat insurance from your homeowner’s policy. Many homeowners’ policies limit or don’t cover marine-specific risks, such as salvage work, wreck removal, pollution or environmental damage. But there are exceptions. Many homeowner’s policies include perfectly good coverage for smaller boats and motors, usually with a horsepower limit of from 25- to 100-horsepower.
Insurers consider many factors when deciding whether or not to offer a policy. Almost any vessel can be insured— for a price. You want to consider the following to make sure the policy you purchase meets your needs:
- Age of Boat
- Type (Inboard, Outboard, utility, cruiser)
- Ownership (more than 2 owners)
- Where it will operate (Ocean, lakes, bays, rivers, Great Lakes)
Boat Insurance Cost Factors
Many factors are used to set the cost of a policy, and they vary among insurers. Here are some items to consider:
- Cruising Area – where you boat
- Boating Safety Education – if you have been formally trained or certified
- Good Driving Records – both boating and driving
- Liability Limits – the higher the limit the higher the cost
- Deductible – the higher the deductible the lower the premium
- Towing insurance requirements for offshore fishing.